Location: Zalau – Calarasi (Romania)
– Reduction or elimination of landfilling of residues, with economical benefits and further reduced impact at local level with reduction of transportation of materials.
– Reduction in the use of raw materials.
– Reduction of utilization of fossil resources and also reduction of CO2 emissions
– Possible advantages in OPEX and productivity.
- Injection system already designed and purchased
- Digital Twin of Electric Arc Furnace developed
Through its mills in Zalau and Calarasi, Tenaris is the leading Romanian producer of small diameter seamless steel pipes used in oil & gas, mechanical, automotive, chemical, petrochemical and power generation sectors.
Their mills enjoy a fully integrated production process. It starts with steel production from scrap at the steel shop in Calarasi. Transformation of raw material into seamless pipes is performed at the Tenaris Silcotub facility in Zalau. It accounts for a component center dedicated to executing added value operations to the tubes in order to obtain components to be employed in the automotive and earth moving machineries sector as well as a new laboratory which performs metallurgical and mechanical tests. Also, a coupling shop which perfoms API and Premium connections threads, responds to the requirements of oil&gas companies.